Integrated Student Services
It is our goal that every Seneca student has access to ongoing and integrated advisory opportunities – starting from their first contact to the day they graduate.
Enhance service offerings for students
- Phase one of the Q-nomy Customer Service Project was launched, decreasing wait times for student inquiries and adviser appointments
- Excellence in service initiative developed to infuse best practices in customer service Seneca-wide
- The on-campus Seneca Health Centre, expanded its hours and added psychiatric services to its offerings
- Phase one and two of the Seneca SAFE program were completed, including the launch of a mobile app and implementation of a mass notification system
Improve student advising resources and supports
- New student advising model launched for full-time students with additional advisers, professional development and improved adviser-to-student ratios
- New ‘Work Ready’ workshops developed to help students improve email etiquette, networking, social media and professional skills
- Support staff were engaged in professional development that provided them with the skills to transition into an academic advising role
2017-18 In Review: Providing A Supportive Environment
Seneca talks mental health
The Seneca community helped mark the eighth annual Bell Let’s Talk Day in January 2018. Students and employees took part in the conversation by visiting information booths to speak out about mental health issues, share new ideas and offer hope for those who struggle.
Ensuring health and safety on campus
Seneca continued to offer the Mental Health First Aid Program, providing training to 75 employees throughout 2017-18.
With the implementation of Seneca’s new Sexual Assault and Sexual Violence Policy, online training was made available to all employees, with more than 1,700 employees completing the training throughout the year.