Seneca Alumni Pay It Forward Challenge
Many students experience financial barriers when they attend college, such as tuition fees, basic living costs, and essential study materials such as textbooks and equipment. Without financial aid, many students would find it impossible to pursue a college education.
Students have financial need, and that need continues to grow:
- Two out of three full-time students required needs-based government grants to fund their studies
- One in four of those who leave Seneca before completing their program cite financial difficulties as a primary factor
- More than 82 per cent of Seneca students work part-time while studying
- One in ten students expect to work more than 20 hours per week to make ends meet
- More than one third of Seneca students care for dependents
Impact of Your Donations
Almost 1,000 awards, scholarships and bursaries were distributed to deserving students last year thanks to the generosity of Seneca donors.
If we meet the Pay It Forward Challenge, 60 Seneca students with financial need will receive a bursary of $500. That could provide transit fares, books or school supplies or help pay for rent or other living expenses.