GBM704 - Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Ethics
|Schools offering this subject|
|Last revision date||Oct 12, 2012 10:26:49 AM|
|Last review date||Oct 12, 2012 10:26:49 AM|
Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Ethics
Using cutting-edge analysis of critical issues and international best practice in the field of corporate social responsibility (CSR) and Sustainability, students learn a hands-on approach to identify and manage the unprecedented risk and uncertainties in the economy and the environment as well as increasing demand for ethical and socially resoibsubke behaviour.
Working with a 'Partner Organization', the students evaluate the effectiveness of the process their Partner Organization has developed to identify and accept responsibility for the impacts of its decisions and activities on society and the environment through transparent and ethical behaviour that contributes to sustainable development, takes into account the expectations of stakeholders, is in compliance with applicable law and consistent with international norms of behaviour and is integrated throughout the organization and practiced in its relationships.
Upon successful completion of this subject the student will be able to:
1. The background, trends and characteristics of CSR and sustainable development.
2. The concepts, terms and definitions related to CSR and sustainable development.
3. The principles and practices relating to CSR and sustainable development.
4. The core subjects and issues of CSR and sustainable development.
And be able to:
1. Integrate, implement and promote socially responsible behaviour throughout the organization and, through its policies and practices, within its sphere of influence.
2. Identify and engage with stakeholders; and
3. Commlunicate commitments, performance and other information related to CSR and sustainable development.
Cheating and Plagiarism
Each student should be aware of the College's policy regarding Cheating and Plagiarism. Seneca's Academic Policy will be strictly enforced.
To support academic honesty at Seneca College, all work submitted by students may be reviewed for authenticity and originality, utilizing software tools and third party services. Please visit the Academic Honesty site on http://library.senecacollege.ca for further information regarding cheating and plagiarism policies and procedures.
All students and employees have the right to study and work in an environment that is free from discrimination and/or harassment. Language or activities that defeat this objective violate the College Policy on Discrimination/Harassment and shall not be tolerated. Information and assistance are available from the Student Conduct Office at email@example.com.
Accommodation for Students with Disabilities
The College will provide reasonable accommodation to students with disabilities in order to promote academic success. If you require accommodation, contact the Counselling and Disabilities Services Office at ext. 22900 to initiate the process for documenting, assessing and implementing your individual accommodation needs.