MKM705 - Professional Marketing Presentations
|Schools offering this subject|
|Last revision date||Dec 5, 2013 10:13:15 AM|
|Last review date||Dec 5, 2013 10:33:38 AM|
Professional Marketing Presentations
This subject will explore how to create and conduct hands-on, practical Professional Marketing Presentations in a business setting. Students will develop and apply various techniques in oral, written, and electronic presentations for individual, group, formal and informal presentations. Students will learn the principles of graphic design in creating effective Professional Marketing Presentations. Appropriate selection and use of graphs, tables, pictures, videos and text will be explored using presentation applications. Students will learn how to use a variety of audio-visual equipment to complement their presentations
One credit will be granted upon successful completion of this subject.
Upon successful completion of this subject the student will be able to:
1. Create original business presentations that communicate effectively in a professional manner with both internal and external clients/customers. This includes the following:
- effective/active listening skills
- clear and articulate expression of thoughts and a good command of the English language
- reading with comprehension (getting the message)
- adhering to professional standards of presentation, including accurate spelling and grammar in written communications
- original and creative ideas
2. Demonstrate effective customer service and the ability to listen actively and recognize the role that body language plays in professional presentations to external and internal customers/clients.
3. Demonstrate effective use of research skills to assemble presentation data that incorporate:
- search of relevant electronic, Internet, and print based data sources
- specific research for the marketing industry
4. Create and organize professional presentations that demonstrate proficiency and adaptability in the use of relevant technology, including:
- internet for research purposes
- laptop computers
- audio-visual equipment
5. Develop and design original presentations using relevant software applications, such as:
- imaging software
- presentation graphics software
- screen capture software
- social media applications
- video editing
6. Create and produce original, handouts, posters, electronic presentations, props, and photographs for professional presentations.
7. Demonstrate the ability to use computers, videos, TV, sound, posters, props, digital recorders, and digital video cameras in professional presentations.
8. Apply the basic principles of presentation design using presentation graphics software.
9. Apply presentation and other software to typical business situations (i.e., meetings, sales presentations, trade shows, product launches, news conferences).
Cheating and Plagiarism
Each student should be aware of the College's policy regarding Cheating and Plagiarism. Seneca's Academic Policy will be strictly enforced.
To support academic honesty at Seneca College, all work submitted by students may be reviewed for authenticity and originality, utilizing software tools and third party services. Please visit the Academic Honesty site on http://library.senecacollege.ca for further information regarding cheating and plagiarism policies and procedures.
All students and employees have the right to study and work in an environment that is free from discrimination and/or harassment. Language or activities that defeat this objective violate the College Policy on Discrimination/Harassment and shall not be tolerated. Information and assistance are available from the Student Conduct Office at email@example.com.
Accommodation for Students with Disabilities
The College will provide reasonable accommodation to students with disabilities in order to promote academic success. If you require accommodation, contact the Counselling and Disabilities Services Office at ext. 22900 to initiate the process for documenting, assessing and implementing your individual accommodation needs.