Seneca Tuition Contest Official Rules
CONTEST PERIOD: The Seneca Tuition Contest (the “Contest”) is run by Seneca College (the “Administrator”) and will run from 10:00 a.m. (ET) on November 25, 2017 to 11:59 p.m. on August 10, 2018.
TO ENTER: Entering the Contest is free. There are two ways to enter:
Complete an online or paper entry form provided by a Seneca Recruitment Representative at any Seneca College event or visit and submit your name, email address and contact telephone number or
Enter online at www.senecacollege.ca/contest (the “Contest Website”), providing your name, email address and contact telephone number and clicking “Submit.”
A limit of one (1) entry per person will be accepted regardless of method of entry. All entries must be submitted no later than the contest closing date.
All entries become the sole property of Seneca College and will not be returned. Seneca College will not be responsible for entries that are lost, late, delayed, incomplete or misdirected. Seneca College is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. By entering, entrants who provide consent will receive future emails from Seneca College for informational and promotional purposes. Mandatory completion of the online or paper entry form is necessary for entrant’s chance of winning.
By entering, entrants agree to abide by these rules and all decisions of Seneca College, which are final in all matters relating to this Contest.
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter this contest, an individual must be a new, incoming, domestic student starting a full-time program at Seneca College in January, May or September 2018. Contestant must be a resident of Canada (excluding Quebec)
Persons who are ineligible to win the Contest include Employees of Seneca College and immediate family members (defined as parents, children, siblings or spouse) regardless of where they reside.
THE DRAW: The winner will be selected in a random drawing on August 17, 2018 among all eligible entries received by Seneca College. The first entry drawn, for which the entrant satisfies the eligibility criteria, will be eligible to win the Prize. The selected entrant will be contacted by email or telephone at the address/number set out on the entry form. Selected entrant will be required to successfully answer a time-limited, unaided, mathematical-based skill testing question prior to prize being awarded. There is one (1) prize to be won from among all the eligible entrants received during the Contest Period.
- There is one grand prize eligible to be won, consisting of a tuition credit equal to the sum of tuition for term 1 and 2 of a full-time program beginning in January, May or September 2018 to be used in the first academic year only. (For a full-time program starting in January 2018, the prize must be used by August 2018. For a full-time program starting in May 2018, the prize must be used by December 2018. For a full- time program starting in September 2018, the prize must be used by April 2019.)
- The total value of the prize is not to exceed five thousand Canadian dollars ($5,000.00).
- Approximate retail value (ARV) = maximum of $5,000 CDN.
- The eligible winner must be enrolled as a new student in a full-time diploma, Ontario advanced diploma, graduate certificate or joint/degree program for the academic year starting January, May or September 2018.
- To be eligible, the winner must have been accepted and confirmed Seneca’s offer of admission and paid the applicable deposit for full-time studies on or before August 15, 2018.
- If prize dollars exceed term 1 and term 2 tuition dollars, the excess will be forfeited.
- If winner of prize does not attend courses term 2, winner shall forfeit the portion of the prize that was to be applied to term 2 tuition costs.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- In order to win the prize, the entrant must sign a declaration which (i) provides Seneca College with the entrant’s full name (printed) and signature (ii) contains the correct answer to the skill-testing question on the declaration (which must be answered by the entrant without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise), and (iii) contains a statement that the entrant has read, understood and complied with these Official Contest Rules and the entrant is eligible to enter according to these Official Contest Rules (iv) grants Seneca permission to use the winner’s name, likeness, and area of residence for the purposes of print, broadcast, digital or other advertising without further compensation.
- In the event that the winner has not yet reached the age of 18 years or the age of majority in the winner’s province or territory of residence, then the winner’s parent/legal guardian must sign the declaration to confirm compliance and consent with these Official Contest Rules and to accept the prize on behalf of the minor, and provide a release and indemnity pursuant.
- The prize will only be awarded upon winner validation and verification. If a selected entrant is unable or unwilling to comply with these Contest rules on or before August 15, 2018, the entry will be disqualified and another entry will be randomly drawn from the remaining eligible entries.
- No cash alternative or substitution of the prize is provided, except that Seneca College, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the prize is unavailable for any reason.
- Any additional costs (including compulsory non-tuition related fees, parking or locker fees or fees associated with visas or work permits) and any applicable taxes associated with the prize and incurred by the winner are the sole responsibility of the winner and not the responsibility of Seneca College.
Terms of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded. Prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded, without substitution. Seneca College reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with another prize of equivalent or greater value if necessary for any reason. No response from e-mail or phone notification after three attempts, or return of e-mail notification as undeliverable after three attempts, or pick up of prize that is unclaimed after four weeks will be determined as an unclaimed prize and will result in forfeit of prize. An alternate winner will be selected by Seneca College.
All federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations apply. Awarding of prize is subject to verification of winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or determination by Seneca College that the selected entrant is ineligible will result in disqualification. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to Seneca College to use winner's name and area of residence and/or likeness for purposes of advertising without further compensation unless prohibited by law. By accepting his/her prize, winner agrees to hold harmless Seneca College and its respective affiliates, governors, employees, advertising and promotion agencies and assigns against any and all claims and liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) arising out of use of prize. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Seneca College.
INTERNET: If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Seneca College which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this game, Seneca College reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the electronic portion of the Contest and to award the prize from among all eligible entries received prior to (or after, if applicable) action taken by Seneca College. Seneca College reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest (including, but not limited to, any non-human mechanism, entity) to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in an unfair or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Contest will be ineligible to win.
WINNER LIST AND OFFICIAL RULES: A winner list will be available 15 business days after the draw of the Contest. To receive a copy of the winner list, please send your request in writing with a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Seneca College - Markham Campus, 8 The Seneca Way, Markham, ON L3R 5Y1, Attention: Student Recruitment. All requests must be received no earlier than September 7, 2018 and no later than September 21, 2018.
Thank you for your interest. This contest is now closed.
Check back soon for winner details.
Honours Bachelor of Therapeutic Recreation
Congratulations to our 2016/17 Tuition Contest winner, Gabrielle.