Ontario Global Edge Program
The Ontario Global Edge program gives you a first-hand opportunity to learn about entrepreneurship and the role of small and medium-sized businesses in the global economy. The program, run by the Ontario Ministry of Economic Development, Employement and Infrastructure, offers financial assistance to interested students. As a participant, you’ll gain international entrepreneurship experience and develop skills that will help you effectively engage in the global marketplace.
In the past, Seneca students have completed internship placements in countries all around the world, including Australia, Antigua, Argentina, Bolivia, Botswana, Dubai, Italy, Kenya, South Africa, Ukraine, and USA.
Please visit the Ministry of Economic Development, Employment and Infrastructure for more information, or contact us to find out about program selection criteria and application deadlines.
- Be between the ages of 19 and 29, and of the age of majority for the country in which the international placement will occur
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA average and be enrolled in a full-time Seneca program
- Have a valid and current passport prior to departure with an expiry date six months after your return date
- Have an entrepreneurial view. Such qualification will be reviewed and evaluated by our ministry for final selection approval
- Have demonstrated ability to function effectively in a cross-cultural environment and to be informal ambassadors for Ontario and Seneca while away and global economy ambassadors upon return.
* Please note that satisfaction of these criteria does not guarantee participation in the Ontario Global Edge program. Applicants who meet the criteria will be invited for an interview, and only three successful candidates will be chosen to participate.
- A grant up to $4000 will be awarded to three selected Seneca students per year (2013-2016)
- Selected students must complete and sign all mandatory release and waiver forms before departure
- Internships may last between 8 to 16 weeks
- Upon return, successful students must agree to present their experience to the Seneca community as well as to local small businesses through a series of post-placement information sessions.
Please note, funding for the Ontario Global Edge program is no longer available for the Winter
Check with the Study Abroad Office for more information.
Ontario Global Edge Sponsored Students