Skip to main content

Study Visas & Work Permits

International students require a permit to study in Canada if their course of study is longer than six months.

You can apply for a study permit online or on paper at your nearest Visa Application Centre (VAC). 

Frequently Asked Questions

International students must apply to extend their study permit prior its expiry date.

You can apply to extend your permit online or on paper by following the instructions on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website.

Frequently Asked Questions

You can apply to extend visa online or on paper. Learn more on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website. 

Frequently Asked Questions

Some programs include work experience as part of their curriculum. You may have to apply for a co-op or intern work permit.

You can apply to extend your Co-op Work Permit online or on paper. More information is available on Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website.

International students may be eligible to apply for Post-Graduation Work Permit if they meet the requirements listed on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website. There is more information on the site about:

  • Who can apply

  • How to stay in Canada after you graduate

  • How to apply for a work permit

Frequently Asked Questions