International students will need a permit to study in Canada if their course of study is longer than six months. Before you submit a study permit application you will need:
- A letter of acceptance from Seneca
- Financial proof that you can support yourself while studying at Seneca (tuition fees and living expenses)
- To be willing to submit a medical exam if required
Please visit the following links for more information on applying for your study permit:
SPP (Student Partner Program) India & China
SPP is an expedited Canadian Study Permit (Visa) Process that launched in April 2009. Seneca was among the first colleges across Canada chosen by the Association of Canadian Colleges (ACCC) and the IRCC (Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada) visa offices, to help launch this SPP pilot program, in India.
The SPP program makes it easier for serious students to obtain a Canadian study permit visa. The success of this program has now rolled out to China, allowing students from these two countries to:
- Write an IELTS Assessment: to prove they have the English level to be a success in Canada, at Seneca, by submitting an IELTS (International English Language Test Score)
- Obtain Financial Endorsement: to prove their financial ability to study in Canada by getting financial endorsement/an educational bank loan with their current Seneca 'Letter of Acceptance'
These additional steps and SPP forms/kits, when attached to your Canadian Study Permit Application Form, and marked SPP, allows IRCC visa offices, in these two countries, to process your Canadian Study Permit much faster. Our international students are very pleased with the quick service IRCC visa offices provide and Seneca is very happy to welcome more international students from these countries, to study with us.
Read how to qualify and apply for an SPP Canadian study permit by clicking on the appropriate link below.
Seneca fully supports the expedited Canadian Study Permit process (SPP). All Indian and Chinese student applicants are advised to apply through the SPP process.
- For details and the forms needed to apply, click here.
- For Students Partners Program (SPP) Application Kit & Information, click here.
- To view a video on ‘How to apply for a Study Permit’ in English (with Chinese sub-titles), click here.
Note: Study Permit extensions must be started TWO MONTHS before the expiry date printed on your permit. When accessing the CIC website and on-line applications use Internet Explorer (IE) web browser ONLY.
Visiting the USA?
Apply for a US Visa - watch this video!
Newnham Campus (Rm. D2000)
Tel: (416) 491-5050 ext. 22689
Tel: (416) 491-5050 ext. 22063