Ottawa and Montreal
Politics, Culture and History
What makes Ottawa and Montreal such important centres of Canadian history, culture, politics and, indeed, Canada's identity? During the Ottawa-Montreal MILE, we will explore that question while uncovering the unique heritage of both these cites. In Ottawa, we will visit the Parliament Buildings to witness Canadian democracy in action, and explore Canadian culture by visiting some of the best museums in the country. In Montreal, we will experience the culture and vitality of the largest city in French Canada. A guided tour of historic old Montreal, once the commercial heart of Canada, will reveal the uniqueness and beauty of Canada's 'French capital'. We will experience the best of these two important cities, and understand their place as centres of Canadian culture, commerce, politics and history.
Highlights include visits to the Canadian Parliament Buildings, National Gallery of Canada, Canadian Museum of History, Canadian War Museum, Canadian Mint, Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, McCord Museum, and a tour of old Montreal.
This hybrid course requires work to be completed online, in-person and in the field prior to departure, during the travel portion and upon return to Seneca.
Estimated total price
- Round trip coach transportation directly from Newnham Campus
- Coach transportation throughout trip
- Two Seneca professors as guides throughout trip
- Six nights hotel in Ottawa and Montreal
- All admission to museums and tours
- All taxes
Does not include:
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Daily meals (breakfast package available for purchase through our travel provider)
- Travel visa (if applicable)
- Tuition and/or extra fees paid to Seneca