The Seneca community
Donna Duncan, Chair, Board of Governors
David Agnew renewed as Seneca President
On behalf of the Board of Governors, I am pleased to announce that David Agnew has been renewed for a third term, and he will continue to serve as Seneca’s president through to June 30, 2023.
We are delighted that President Agnew will continue to lead Seneca during this exciting time of growth and opportunity as it embarks on a new strategic plan. Seneca has always been an extraordinary institution, and the trajectory of our great school has lifted ever higher in recent years. The Board is confident that with your support, under President Agnew’s leadership, we continue along this impressive path.
Since 2009, President Agnew’s vision and unwavering commitment to student success has helped bring our institution together to tackle complex challenges and to strengthen and reinforce our relationship with our communities. He has also demonstrated true leadership within the Ontario postsecondary system and across the country.
Under President Agnew’s leadership, Seneca’s accomplishments include:
- growing enrolment and credentials at all levels, including expanding Seneca’s honours degree offerings;
- investing in advising, increasing student retention and strengthening other key student support services;
- signing the Indigenous Education Protocol to address Indigenous students’ learning needs;
- investing significantly at all locations, including a new aviation campus in Peterborough and undertaking the largest-ever capital expansion at Newnham and King campuses;
- partnering with York University on its new campus in Markham;
- implementing a new, integrated enterprise technology network;
- expanding Seneca’s global outreach through new partnerships with international postsecondary institutions, student recruitment and educational consulting; and,
- placing Seneca on a sound and sustainable financial footing through careful planning and disciplined financial management.
President Agnew makes it his priority to be a visible and engaged leader on campus. The Board benefits by hearing about the many wonderful events and achievements involving Seneca students, faculty and staff. We look forward to continuing to learn about your many great successes as you support Seneca’s core mission of providing a great education for our students.