Early leaving prior to statutory holidays
While it is important that the educational function and essential services of Seneca should not be interrupted, where operationally feasible and with manager approval, Seneca provides full-time employees with one-hour paid leave at the end of their shift on the workday prior to a statutory holiday.
Where Seneca's operations cannot release an employee early, employees may be provided with the equivalent time:
- at the beginning of a shift (arrive later); or
- during a shift (extended lunch break)
The employee must be at work on the workday before the holiday period and there is no carryover of the time to another day.
- Monday, Oct. 9 — Thanksgiving Holiday
- Monday, Feb. 19 — Family Day
- Friday, March 30 — Good Friday
- Monday, May 21 — Victoria Day
- Monday, July 2 — Canada Day
- Monday, Aug. 6 — Civic Holiday
- Monday, Sept. 3 — Labour Day
- Monday, Oct. 8 — Thanksgiving Holiday