How to submit your clinical placement preferences
If you haven't recieved the HSPnet email
- This email should be recieved by 16:00h. If not, check your my.seneca junk mail to see if it is there. If it is, please proceed to step 3.
- If it is not in your junk mail, check your timetable to see if clinical is listed.
- When clinical is on your timetable, you must send this email form to Catherine Weir.
Using the Student Site Selector
- Your HSPnet User ID is your Seneca student number.
- The Student Site Selector is NOT operated first-come, first-served. You are not at a disadvantage if you receive access later than your classmates. Exception: If you have outstanding consent forms, your access cannot be granted. Students with outstanding forms will be reminded in response to their requests for access to the HSPnet Student Site Selector.
- Before emailing for assistance, carefully read and our reference materials.
- Once in the Student Site Selector, you can click Search without any search criteria for a full list of placement options.
- You may find that your options change periodically as hospitals/agencies may confirm or cancel placements. We encourage you to enter the Student Site Selector several times before it closes to review/update your saved preferences.
- Be sure to research transportation methods to each location before ranking.
- Access the Student Site Selector early in the week. If you wait until the last day and encounter technical difficulties you may run out of time and lose the chance to save your preferences.
- When the site selector closes, your selections are final.
- Students who do not have CPP clearance will not receive a clinical spot. Students without CPP clearance will need to obtain CPP clearance, and then book an appointment to meet with their Clinical Coordinator to be assigned to the placement locations that are still available after their classmates are placed.
- All students must rank and save at least 8 preferences to be considered without exception.
- If you have a special consideration request, save it in the Special Consideration box in the Student Site Selector. You must still rank at least 8 preferences to be considered.
- If you have questions about how to use the Student Site Selector, please read our reference materials or email HSPnet for support.