Spring 2017 Open House Registration
Official Contest Rules
The 2017 Spring Open House Registration Contest, which is sponsored by Seneca, begins on February 27, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. and closes on April 1, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Entering the contest is free.
TO ENTER: Entrants must visit senecacollege.ca/openhouse and complete the applicable 2017 Spring Open House Registration online form to earn one (1) entry ballot. A maximum of one (1) entry will be counted per entrant.
Seneca will not be responsible for entries that are lost, late, delayed, incomplete or misdirected. Seneca is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Entries will become the sole property of Seneca. By entering, entrants who provide consent will receive future emails and electronic messages from Seneca for informational and promotional purposes. Mandatory completion of the 2017 Open House Registration online form is necessary for entrant’s chance of winning. For information on events, programs and college details visit www.senecacollege.ca
ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open only to prospective full-time and part-time students who, at the time of entry, will be at least 16 years of age. Entrant must be a Canadian resident in their province or territory of residence to enter, excluding Quebec. By entering, entrants agree to abide by these rules and all decisions of Seneca, which are final in all matters relating to this Contest. Parents, guardians, siblings and other family members or Open House guests of prospective students are not eligible to win the Contest.
THE DRAW: The winner will be selected in a random drawing on April 10, 2017 among all eligible entries received by Seneca. The first entry drawn, for which the entrant satisfies the eligibility criteria, will be eligible to win the Prize. The selected entrant will be contacted by email or telephone based on the information captured on the 2017 Open House Registration Form. Seneca reserves the right to verify if the Winner satisfies all contest eligibility criteria.
PRIZE: Approximate retail value (ARV) and odds of winning. One (1) prize of a MacBook Pro 13-inch laptop will be awarded in draw:
- ARV = $1,549 CAD
- Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded without substitution. Seneca reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with another prize of equivalent or greater value if necessary for any reason. Seneca is not responsible for prize lost or damaged in the mail.
- The prize will only be awarded upon winner validation and verification. Prizes can be claimed upon winner being notified of winning prize. Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant must also sign a declaration confirming understanding, compliance with and acceptance of the Contest rules. In the event that the winner has not yet reached the age of majority in the winner’s province or territory of residence, than the winner’s parent/legal guardian must sign the declaration to confirm compliance and consent with these Official Contest Rules and to accept the prize on behalf of the minor and provide a release and indemnity pursuant.
- Selected entrant will be required to successfully answer a time-limited, unaided, mathematical-based skill testing question prior to prize being awarded.
- If a selected entrant is unable or unwilling to comply with Contest rules, the entry will be disqualified and another entry will be randomly drawn from the remaining eligible entries.
- No response from e-mail, phone or message notification after three attempts or return of e-mail notification as undeliverable after three attempts or pick up of prize that is unclaimed after four weeks will be determined as an unclaimed prize and will result in forfeit of prize. An alternate winner will be selected by Seneca.
All federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations apply. Awarding of prize is subject to verification of winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or determination by Seneca that the selected entrant is ineligible will result in disqualification. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Seneca to use winner's name and area of residence and/or likeness for purposes of advertising without further compensation unless prohibited by law. By accepting his/her prize, winner agrees to hold harmless Seneca and its respective affiliates, governors, employees, advertising and promotion agencies and assigns against any and all claims and liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) arising out of use of prize. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Seneca.
INTERNET: If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Seneca which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this game, Seneca reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the electronic portion of the Contest and to award the prize from among all eligible entries received prior to (or after, if applicable) action taken by Seneca. Seneca reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest (including, but not limited to, any non-human mechanism, entity) to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in an unfair or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Contest will be ineligible to win.
WINNER LIST AND OFFICIAL RULES: A winner list will be available five (5) business days after the draw of the Contest. To receive a copy of the winner list, please send your request in writing with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Seneca, 8 The Seneca Way, Markham, ON L3R 5Y1, Attention: Student Recruitment. All requests must be received no earlier than April 10, 2017 and no later than May 1, 2017.