Fall 2016 Open House Registration
Contest Official Rules
The 2016 Fall Open House Registration Contest, which is sponsored by Seneca College, begins on October 28, 2016 at 12:01 a.m. and closes on November 26, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Entering the contest is free.
TO ENTER: Entrants must visit senecacollege.ca/openhouse and complete the applicable 2016 Fall Open House Registration online form to earn one (1) entry ballot. Entrants can earn one (1) additional contest entry ballot by sharing their registration via Twitter utilizing the contest registration share button on the registration confirmation. Entrants must both register online for Open House and tweet in order for the additional ballot to be eligible for prize drawing. A maximum of two entries are counted per entrant, one from their direct online registration and one additional entry from the registration Twitter share. Eligible Twitter share ballot entries must contain the @SenecaCollege handle as well as the hashtag #StartAtSeneca and be associated with a corresponding online registration for Open House.
Seneca College will not be responsible for entries that are lost, late, delayed, incomplete or misdirected. Seneca College is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Entries will become the sole property of Seneca College. By entering, entrants who provide consent will receive future emails and electronic messages from Seneca College for informational and promotional purposes. Mandatory completion of the 2016 Open House Registration online form is necessary for entrant’s chance of winning. For information on events, programs and college details visit www.senecacollege.ca
ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open only to prospective full-time and part-time students who, at the time of entry, will be at least 16 years of age. Entrant must be a Canadian resident in their province or territory of residence to enter, excluding Quebec. By entering, entrants agree to abide by these rules and all decisions of Seneca College, which are final in all matters relating to this Contest. Parents, guardians, siblings and other family members or Open House guests of prospective students are not eligible to win the Contest.
THE DRAW: The winner will be selected in a random drawing on December 5, 2016 among all eligible entries received by Seneca College. The first entry drawn, for which the entrant satisfies the eligibility criteria, will be eligible to win the Prize. The selected entrant will be contacted by email, telephone or social media based on the information captured on the 2016 Open House Registration Form or associated Twitter message shared. Seneca College reserves the right to verify if the Winner satisfies all contest eligibility criteria.
PRIZE: Approximate retail value (ARV) and odds of winning. One (1) prize of a GoPro Hero5 camera will be awarded in draw:
- ARV = $529.00 CAD
- Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded, without substitution. Seneca College reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with another prize of equivalent or greater value if necessary for any reason. Seneca College is not responsible for prize lost or damaged in the mail.
- The prize will only be awarded upon winner validation and verification. Prizes can be claimed upon winner being notified of winning prize. Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant must also sign a declaration confirming understanding, compliance with and acceptance of the Contest rules. In the event that the winner has not yet reached the age of majority in the winner’s province or territory of residence, then the winner’s parent/legal guardian must sign the declaration to confirm compliance and consent with these Official Contest Rules and to accept the prize on behalf of the minor, and provide a release and indemnity pursuant.
- Selected entrant will be required to successfully answer a time-limited, unaided, mathematical-based skill testing question prior to prize being awarded.
- If a selected entrant is unable or unwilling to comply with Contest rules, the entry will be disqualified and another entry will be randomly drawn from the remaining eligible entries.
- No response from e-mail, phone, or message notification after three attempts, or return of e-mail notification as undeliverable after three attempts, or pick up of prize that is unclaimed after four weeks will be determined as an unclaimed prize and will result in forfeit of prize. An alternate winner will be selected by Seneca College.
All federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations apply. Awarding of prize is subject to verification of winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or determination by Seneca College that the selected entrant is ineligible will result in disqualification. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to Seneca College to use winner's name and area of residence and/or likeness for purposes of advertising without further compensation unless prohibited by law. By accepting his/her prize, winner agrees to hold harmless Seneca College and its respective affiliates, governors, employees, advertising and promotion agencies and assigns against any and all claims and liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) arising out of use of prize. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Seneca College.
INTERNET: If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Seneca College which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this game, Seneca College reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the electronic portion of the Contest and to award the prize from among all eligible entries received prior to (or after, if applicable) action taken by Seneca College. Seneca College reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest (including, but not limited to, any non-human mechanism, entity) to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in an unfair or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Contest will be ineligible to win.
WINNER LIST AND OFFICIAL RULES: A winner list will be available five (5) business days after the draw of the Contest. To receive a copy of the winner list, please send your request in writing with a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Seneca College - Markham Campus, 8 The Seneca Way, Markham, ON L3R 5Y1, Attention: Student Recruitment. All requests must be received no earlier than December 5, 2016 and no later than December 23, 2016.