This contest, which is sponsored by Seneca College, begins on May 8, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. and closes on May 19, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. Entering the contest is free.
Entries must be received between the hours of 12:01 a.m. on the first day of the contest period and ending at 11:59 p.m. on the last day of the contest period.
All entries must be submitted using a valid Twitter profile, Instagram profile, Snapchat profile or Facebook profile, include a photo “selfie” taken at a Seneca campus and using the hashtag #SenecaSelfie. Entrants submitting their selfie via Snapchat must send their selfie directly to Seneca’s Snapchat account (SenecaCollege).
Seneca will not be responsible for entries that are lost, late, delayed, untagged, incomplete or misdirected. For information on events, programs and institution details visit: www.senecacollege.ca.
- If an entrant does not have an account, visit www.twitter.com or www.instagram.com or www.facebook.com or www.snapchat.com and register in accordance with the enrolment instructions for a free account.
- Entrants must share a message in English via Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or Facebook that includes the hashtag #SenecaSelfie. Messages must also include a photo “selfie” taken at a Seneca College campus.
- Entrants must post their message to the entrant’s own Twitter, Snapchat or Instagram account, or Facebook page with the following hashtag: #SenecaSelfie.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or Facebook.
Contest is open only to entrants 13 years of age or over at the time of entry. Contestants must be a Canadian resident in their province or territory of residence to enter, excluding Quebec. By entering, entrants agree to abide by these rules and all decisions of Seneca, which are final in all matters relating to this contest. To win, entrants must have received an offer of admission to a full-time program from Seneca on or before May 8, 2017.
By participating in the contest, each entrant agrees to be legally bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretation of these Official Rules by the Sponsor and further warrants and represents that the entry that he/she submits:
- is original to him/her and that the entrant has all necessary rights in and to the entry and image, photo, meme, video or multimedia content to enter the Contest;
- confirms that the image, photo, meme, video or multimedia content is of the entrant or was taken by the entrant for the Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or Facebook account used to submit the entry. If the image, photo, meme, video or multimedia content contains other individuals, prior to posting to Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or Facebook, the entrant confirms that he/she has received consent from each of his/her friends who appear in the image, photo, meme, video or multimedia content to post to the entrant's Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or Facebook account and he/she has advised his/her friends that the photo will be available for public viewing;
- will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims whatsoever; and
- is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; alcohol/drug consumption or smoking; explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups; content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behaviour or conduct; personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic); commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products of Sponsor; any identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos, other than those of Sponsor; conduct or other activities in violation of these Official Rules; and/or any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
Draw will be conducted on May 22, 2017. Entries will be captured throughout contest period from May 8, 2017 to May 19, 2017. Entrants can enter the draw multiple times during the contest period but they may only win once. The selected winner will be contacted by social media message through Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or Facebook at the handle or username set out on the entry. The winner’s name will also be available online at www.senecacollege.ca/orientation. Selected entrants will be required to successfully answer a time-limited, unaided, mathematical-based skill testing question prior to prize being awarded.
One prize will be awarded.
- $250 added to your Onecard
Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Prizes are non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded, without substitution. Seneca reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with another prize of equivalent or greater value if necessary for any reason. No response from social media notification after 3 attempts, or return of message notification as undeliverable after 3 attempts, or pick up of prize that is unclaimed after 4 weeks will be determined as an unclaimed prize and will result in forfeit of prize.
Prizes can be claimed upon winner being notified of winning prize. Seneca is not responsible for prize lost or damaged in the mail.
All federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations apply. Awarding of prize is subject to verification of winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or determination by Seneca that the selected entrant is ineligible will result in disqualification. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to Seneca to use winner's name and area of residence and/or likeness for purposes of advertising without further compensation unless prohibited by law. By accepting his/her prize, winner agrees to hold harmless Seneca and its respective affiliates, governors, employees, advertising and promotion agencies and assigns against any and all claims and liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) arising out of use of prize. By participating in this contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Seneca.
If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Seneca which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest, Seneca reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the electronic portion of the contest and to award the prize from among all eligible entries received prior to (or after, if applicable) action taken by Seneca. Seneca reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest (including, but not limited to, any non-human mechanism, entity) to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in an unfair or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the contest will be ineligible to win.
Winners List and Official Rules
The winners name will be available 7 business days after the closing of contest entries. To receive a copy of the winners names, please send your request in writing with a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Seneca College - Markham Campus, 8 The Seneca Way, Markham, ON L3R 5Y1, Attention: Marketing and Communications. All requests must be received no earlier than the 7th of the month following the contest entry period.
Use of Content and Images
By entering, contest entrant(s) agree to provide consent to Seneca to use their message, text, image(s), photo(s), meme(s), video(s) or multimedia content for promotional purposes on the social networks, Seneca’s website, digital display screens, in email or printed communications. All winning entrant message(s), text(s), image(s), photo(s), meme(s), video(s) or multimedia content will become the property of Seneca.