Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Record financial transactions in compliance with Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for sole proprietorships, partnerships, private enterprises, publicly accountable enterprises and non-profit organizations.
- Prepare and present financial statements, reports and other documents in compliance with Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for sole proprietorships, partnerships and private enterprises.
- Contribute to recurring decision-making by applying fundamental management accounting concepts.
- Prepare individuals’ income tax returns and basic tax planning in compliance with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Analyze organizational structures, the interdependence of functional areas, and the impact those relationships can have on financial performance.
- Analyze, within a Canadian context, the impact of economic variables, legislation, ethics, technological advances and the environment on an organization’s operations.
- Outline the elements of an organization’s internal control system and risk management.
- Contribute to recurring decision-making by applying fundamental financial management concepts.