Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Record financial transactions in compliance with Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for sole proprietorships, partnerships, private enterprises, publicly accountable enterprises and non-profit organizations.
- Prepare and present financial statements, reports and other documents in compliance with Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for sole proprietorships, partnerships and private enterprises.
- Contribute to strategic decision-making by applying advanced management accounting concepts.
- Prepare individuals' and Canadian-controlled private corporations’ income tax returns and individuals’ basic tax planning in compliance with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Analyze and evaluate organizational structures and the interdependence of functional areas, and contribute to the development of strategies which positively impact financial performance.
- Analyze and evaluate, within a Canadian context, the impact of economic variables, legislation, ethics, technological advances and the environment on an organization’s operations.
- Analyze and evaluate an organization's internal control system, taking risk management into account.
- Contribute to strategic decision-making by applying advanced financial management concepts.
- Co-ordinate the planning, implementation, management and evaluation of team projects by applying project management principles.