Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Understand and apply generally accepted accounting principles for the purposes of financial reporting.
- Understand and apply the fundamentals of cost accounting, including the derivation of product costs, for financial reporting purposes.
- Prepare basic personal income tax returns, and understand and apply the principles of other major taxes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of generally accepted auditing standards in an internal control environment.
- Understand and apply the basic concepts and business applications of computer information systems, including skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and integrated accounting software.
- Understand and apply the techniques of business mathematics to support the accounting function of an organization.
- Apply effective interpersonal skills to support the accounting function of an organization.
- Apply ethics and corporate responsibility to all aspects of work completed.