Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Analyze situations and synthesize the various policies, procedures, legislation, social issues and community resources applicable to make appropriate decisions.
- Integrate legislative, professional, organizational and ethical standards to develop a personal code of conduct.
- Communicate professionally and effectively in all aspects of investigation, enforcement and community involvement.
- Utilize technology effectively in the execution of policing duties in both routine and complex situations.
- Utilize effective critical thinking, problem-solving decision making and multi-tasking in complex situations.
- Integrate physical activity, fitness and wellness standards into the development of a personal lifestyle.
- Integrate effective team/leadership/relationships building capabilities to promote effective and harmonious workplaces and community relations within a diverse society.
- Apply specialized investigative methods in securing, searching, recording, collecting, preserving and evaluating of evidence for enforcement and prosecution of offences including generating appropriate, accurate and comprehensive reports and legal documentation.
- Illustrate a commitment to self-development and life long learning in the field of policing through the selection and implementation of effective strategies.
- Utilize appropriate conflict and crisis management techniques during dispute resolution and in potentially dangerous situations.