Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Identify, interpret, and apply comprehensive knowledge of policies, procedures and regulations pertaining to commercial flight operations in Canada and internationally during real world flight scenarios.
- Analyze and evaluate effective Crew Resource Management (CRM), and Threat and Error Management (TEM) skills in a commercial multi-crew operational environment.
- Implement and evaluate effective CRM/TEM strategies during simulated real world scenarios including decision making, situational awareness, workload management and communication skills that contribute to maintaining the highest level of safety.
- Fly a multi-engine transport category aircraft safely and with precision throughout the full flight envelope, including all geographical regions and weather conditions, to the competency level required of a First Officer in a multi-crew commercial flight operation.
- Exhibit positive behaviours and attitudes in relation to risk management, safety culture, and policy and procedural compliance in all flight operations through self-reflection, peer assessment, and group discussion.
- Analyze, interpret and solve complex technical problems within an operational environment by utilizing and applying comprehensive operational knowledge of transport category aircraft systems including effective automation management skills.
- Exhibit a professional and ethical attitude towards the pilot profession including a desire to maintain the highest professional standards, a positive attitude towards lifelong learning, and a respect towards all pilots in the profession.
- Comply with industry expectations relating to flight preparation, conduct, uniform, and on-time performance.
- Accomplish team goals through the application and utilization of effective leadership and communication skills.