Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Develop an integrated marketing communication strategy for marketing products, concepts, goods, or services based on an identified target market.
- Develop pricing strategies which take into account perceived value, competitive pressures, corporate objectives, and cost analysis.
- Develop strategies for the efficient and effective distribution of products, concepts, goods, and services.
- Determine strategies for developing new and modified products, concepts, goods, and services that respond to evolving market needs.
- Evaluate results of marketing activities using criteria related to budgeted sales, costs, profits, and other appropriate criteria.
- Formulate and prepare a marketing plan including marketing objectives, marketing mix, marketing strategies, budgetary considerations, and evaluation criteria.
- Project the impact of a marketing initiative using quantitative information.
- Address marketing problems and opportunities using a variety of strategies and tactics.
- Develop strategies to establish effective working relationships with clients, customers, consumers, co-workers, supervisors, and others.
- Communicate marketing information persuasively and accurately in oral, written, and graphic formats.
- Evaluate the viability of marketing products, concepts, goods, or services in an international market or markets.
- Conduct primary and secondary market research to provide information needed to make marketing decisions.
- Develop personal professional development strategies and plans to enhance leadership, management skills, and marketing expertise.
- Assist in the development of a business plan.
- Apply the principles of business ethics and corporate social responsibility.
- Use professional sales techniques to make a sale.
- Adapt to and apply various and changing technologies, systems, and computer applications used in marketing environments.