Program Learning Outcomes
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Apply leadership and followership skills as members of cross-functional and multi-disciplinary healthcare management teams.
- Manage labour and client issues by applying principled mediation and negotiation strategies.
- Critique financial and managerial concepts of public, non-profit and for-profit healthcare organizations to guide decision making.
- Analyze social, cultural, environmental, political and economic issues affecting healthcare to facilitate contextual strategic planning.
- Synthesize research to determine the economic and social impact of healthcare organizations.
- Allocate human, financial and information resources to assist in the management of operations and specific projects.
- Guide organizational strategic planning utilizing public policy.
- Model ethical, legal and professional codes of conduct in healthcare settings.
- Conduct research relevant to the field of healthcare management.
- Disseminate healthcare information for a variety of purposes and audiences, using verbal, written and digital communication strategies.