Honours Bachelor of Healthcare Management
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Apply leadership and followership skills as members of cross-functional and multi-disciplinary healthcare management teams.
- Manage labour and client issues by applying principled mediation and negotiation strategies.
- Critique financial and managerial concepts of public, non-profit and for-profit healthcare organizations to guide decision making.
- Analyze social, cultural, environmental, political and economic issues affecting healthcare to facilitate contextual strategic planning.
- Synthesize research to determine the economic and social impact of healthcare organizations.
- Allocate human, financial and information resources to assist in the management of operations and specific projects.
- Guide organizational strategic planning utilizing public policy.
- Model ethical, legal and professional codes of conduct in healthcare settings.
- Conduct research relevant to the field of healthcare management.
- Disseminate healthcare information for a variety of purposes and audiences, using verbal, written and digital communication strategies.