Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Implement effective intervention strategies based on the science of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) in order to increase desired behaviours and teach new skills.
- Implement effective behaviour analytic interventions to decrease maladaptive behaviours.
- Integrate background information and knowledge of special populations into therapeutic practice, using a behaviour analytic approach.
- Communicate with various stakeholders the behaviour analytic principles, processes, and concepts central to the interventions being provided in order to enhance quality of service.
- Compile observations in the field that are behavioural, objective, accurate, parsimonious, and organized for further analysis.
- Record measurements of behaviour intended for analysis in accordance with the Behavior Analyst Certification Board’s Guidelines for Responsible Conduct.
- Apply systems thinking to behavioural processes related to socially significant behaviour change, client quality of life, and long-term planning.
- Discuss federal, provincial, and professional policies and regulations associated with the ethical practice of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) among various populations or service sectors.