Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Implement effective intervention strategies based on the science of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) in order to increase desired behaviours and teach new skills.
- Implement effective behaviour analytic interventions to decrease maladaptive behaviours.
- Integrate background information and knowledge of special populations into therapeutic practice, using a behaviour analytic approach.
- Communicate with various stakeholders the behaviour analytic principles, processes, and concepts central to the interventions being provided in order to enhance quality of service.
- Compile observations in the field that are behavioural, objective, accurate, parsimonious, and organized for further analysis.
- Record measurements of behaviour intended for analysis in accordance with the Behavior Analyst Certification Board’s Guidelines for Responsible Conduct.
- Apply systems thinking to behavioural processes related to socially significant behaviour change, client quality of life, and long-term planning.
- Discuss federal, provincial, and professional policies and regulations associated with the ethical practice of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) among various populations or service sectors.