Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Utilize software designed to address problems in Bioinformatics.
- Operate well in either a Windows or UNIX based system, the two operating systems most commonly used in bioinformatics.
- Demonstrate programming language and scripting versatility to be able to code, debug, and modify programs in different programming or scripting languages.
- Perform molecular biology techniques used to generate data used in bioinformatics analysis.
- Utilize a database management system for bioinformatics to store genomic and proteomic data.
- Apply effective communication skills in the completion of various tasks.
- Apply underlying statistics involved in bioinformatics analysis.