Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Utilize software designed to address problems in Bioinformatics.
- Operate well in either a Windows or UNIX based system, the two operating systems most commonly used in bioinformatics.
- Demonstrate programming language and scripting versatility to be able to code, debug, and modify programs in different programming or scripting languages.
- Perform molecular biology techniques used to generate data used in bioinformatics analysis.
- Utilize a database management system for bioinformatics to store genomic and proteomic data.
- Apply effective communication skills in the completion of various tasks.
- Apply underlying statistics involved in bioinformatics analysis.