Honours Bachelor of Commerce - International Business Management
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Demonstrate and apply ethically sound knowledge of Canadian businesses, their underlying organizational structure and how these functions are connected, including sales and marketing, law, accounting and finance, operations, purchasing and supply management, human resources, and information and communications technology and management.
- Demonstrate a practical knowledge of the computer as a management, customer service and accounting tool to manage and adapt to technological change, using emerging technology solutions to gain efficiencies in support of strategic business directions.
- Critically evaluate complex international business situations through case analysis, simulations and discussion.
- Evaluate all aspects of the global value chain in order to optimize business practices.
- Design a comprehensive global marketing strategy which addresses corporate objectives and constraints.
- Design a comprehensive global business plan which addresses corporate objectives and external constraints.
- Apply effective research skills to investigate and analyze legislation, gather strategic and operational planning information, conduct business intelligence, ‘what if’ and SWOT analyses, and set benchmarks.
- Interpret complex numeric and financial data for strategic and operational decision-making.
- Integrate industry standard ERP technology into the business decision making process.
- Plan the effective implementation of multifaceted global business projects using project management skills.
- Integrate regulatory, ethical and legal challenges when devising global business strategies.
- Integrate an understanding of diverse cultures into global business plans.
- Develop strategies to negotiate and conduct business in an international setting.
- Demonstrate effective critical thinking and problem solving skills as a team member and leader.
- Justify recommendations by demonstrating superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the society and culture in the world, and genre of a traditional liberal arts education.