Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Perform laboratory duties independently and in compliance with pertinent legislation and regulations, as well as biotechnology standards and guidelines.
- Collaborate in implementing and evaluating quality control and quality assurance procedures to meet organizational standards and requirements.
- Select and implement best practices for sustainability.
- Complete complex biotechnological applications using advanced principles of chemistry, biology and biostatistics as well as basic principles of physics.
- Co-ordinate, implement and validate laboratory procedures to carry out quantitative and qualitative tests and analyses.
- Co-ordinate, implement and validate standard cell culture procedures under aseptic conditions.
- Co-ordinate, implement and validate molecular biology procedures.
- Manage biological data to support biological scientists and researchers in capturing, organizing/summarizing and storing their data.
- Prepare, analyze, interpret, maintain and communicate scientific data effectively.
- Develop and present a strategic plan for ongoing personal and professional development to enhance work performance.
- Apply basic business principles to biotechnology practices.