Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Perform laboratory duties independently and in compliance with pertinent legislation and regulations, as well as biotechnology standards and guidelines.
- Collaborate in implementing and evaluating quality control and quality assurance procedures to meet organizational standards and requirements.
- Select and implement best practices for sustainability.
- Complete complex biotechnological applications using advanced principles of chemistry, biology and biostatistics as well as basic principles of physics.
- Co-ordinate, implement and validate laboratory procedures to carry out quantitative and qualitative tests and analyses.
- Co-ordinate, implement and validate standard cell culture procedures under aseptic conditions.
- Co-ordinate, implement and validate molecular biology procedures.
- Manage biological data to support biological scientists and researchers in capturing, organizing/summarizing and storing their data.
- Prepare, analyze, interpret, maintain and communicate scientific data effectively.
- Develop and present a strategic plan for ongoing personal and professional development to enhance work performance.
- Apply basic business principles to biotechnology practices.