Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Determine clients’ advertising and marketing communications objectives by applying creative problem solving skills and marketing principles.
- Determine an organization’s target market/audience, market segmentation, and strategic insights into consumer behaviour by applying research skills to gather and analyze market data.
- Generate creative ideas and concepts or adapt existing concepts by using marketing principles and creative copywriting techniques.
- Defend the selection of the media/communication platform and the recommendations for a product or service by demonstrating the alignment to market segmentation, consumer behaviour, and marketing communication objectives.
- Suggest techniques to measure the effectiveness of an advertising and marketing plan.
- Prepare communication material for a range of audiences and modes of delivery by using visualization techniques and communications technologies.
- Work with various multi-media, digital platforms, and technology to support current and the adoption of emerging industry standard practice.
- Adhere to ethical and regulatory guidelines to create socially responsible and inclusive advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Support the management of projects by applying scheduling, task coordination, and organizational skills for timely completion of a project.
- Support collegial relationships by using communication and facilitation skills to ensure professional service delivery.