Chemical Engineering Technology
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Perform all work in compliance with relevant statutes, regulations, standards, practices and guidelines.
- Implement, co-ordinate and evaluate quality control and quality assurance procedures to meet organizational standards and requirements.
- Troubleshoot industrial or chemical processes and laboratory equipment.
- Solve complex problems and perform tasks by applying principles of mathematics, physics, chemistry and chemical engineering.
- Perform, co-ordinate, implement and validate laboratory procedures to conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses and tests.
- Prepare and purify compounds using standard synthesis and purification procedures.
- Maintain and control industrial or chemical processes and assist with their design using chemical engineering principles.
- Analyze and interpret data using statistical methods.
- Select and use current technologies in chemical engineering tasks and projects.
- Prepare, modify, interpret and present technical documents for chemical engineering applications.
- Apply best practices for sustainability.
- Develop strategies for ongoing personal and professional development to enhance work performance in a multi-disciplinary workplace.