Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Apply mathematical, physical, and chemical concepts to routine tasks such as the analysis and synthesis of chemical compounds and samples.
- Conduct basic manual quantitative and qualitative analyses accurately, using prescribed laboratory procedures.
- Prepare organic and inorganic compounds using standard synthetic and purification procedures.
- Perform routine statistical calculations to report the results of analyses.
- Perform instrumental chemical analysis and report the quantitative/qualitative results.
- Apply basic computer skills relevant to the chemical laboratory technology field.
- Perform established Quality Assurance and Quality Control procedures to ensure that processes remain within designated limits.
- Perform all assigned work in compliance with occupational health, safety, and environmental law, legislation, and regulations; established policies and procedures; and in accordance with ethical principles.
- Apply problem-solving skills to chemical laboratory technology.
- Use interpersonal and communication skills appropriate to the chemical laboratory technology environment.
- Develop a plan for continued professional growth.