Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Analyze and resolve basic information technology problems through the application of systematic approaches.
- Support the analysis, planning, design, development and implementation of computer systems and networks.
- Design, install, configure, troubleshoot and manage components of computer systems and networks.
- Apply basic knowledge of software application development.
- Apply basic knowledge of database connectivity issues and concepts.
- Apply principles of data management to ensure the integrity of information.
- Complete all work in compliance with relevant policies, practices, processes, and procedures.
- Participate as an effective individual and member of a team.
- Interpret, produce, and present work-related documents and information effectively and accurately.
- Identify and implement strategies to improve job performance and promote personal and professional growth.
- Install, configure, and optimize microcomputer operating systems and network application software including Windows and Linux software.
- Install, manage, and maintain web servers; design and develop web sites.
- Implement cross-platform integration among PC/LAN and mid-range computing systems.