Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Apply the steps of the cosmetic development process to be able to navigate the decision making required to formulate, manufacture and market a cosmetic product.
- Utilize concepts of functional classes of raw materials in sourcing and selection of ingredients for synthetic, natural and organic cosmetic products.
- Modify cosmetic formulations to achieve stable products with prescribed sensory properties.
- Analyze a finished product against regulatory requirements to ensure compliance for sales and marketing in global jurisdictions.
- Summarize current literature of product components and packaging to communicate ethical, health and environmental concerns to relevant stakeholders.
- Construct an appropriate product evaluation strategy for claims substantiation, safety and shelf life documentation.