Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Understand Canada's legal system and the role of courts and tribunals in that system.
- Understand the administration and operation of courts and tribunals including standard practices and procedures.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities associated with being a public official and officer of the court.
- Undertake case flow management applying appropriate techniques of case flow management.
- Refer court and tribunal proceeding to the appropriate judicial or quasi-judicial official.
- Manage all court and tribunal files and documents set down for a hearing.
- Supervise or co-ordinate the logistics of the proposed facilities used for hearings.
- Manage the physical premises used for court and tribunal proceedings.
- Prepare pertinent reports including budgets for the use of premises.
- Administer a personnel program at the local level including the supervision of entry level clerks.