Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Understand Canada's legal system and the role of courts and tribunals in that system.
- Understand the administration and operation of courts and tribunals including standard practices and procedures.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities associated with being a public official and officer of the court.
- Undertake case flow management applying appropriate techniques of case flow management.
- Refer court and tribunal proceeding to the appropriate judicial or quasi-judicial official.
- Manage all court and tribunal files and documents set down for a hearing.
- Supervise or co-ordinate the logistics of the proposed facilities used for hearings.
- Manage the physical premises used for court and tribunal proceedings.
- Prepare pertinent reports including budgets for the use of premises.
- Administer a personnel program at the local level including the supervision of entry level clerks.