Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Analyze and resolve information technology problems through the application of systematic approaches and diagnostic tools.
- Analyze, plan, design, and implement computer systems.
- Analyze, plan, design, and implement networking solutions.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, monitor, maintain, upgrade, and optimize computer systems.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, monitor, maintain, upgrade, and optimize networks.
- Use a variety of scripting tools and languages to automate routine tasks.
- Participate in the deployment and administration of databases within a networked environment.
- Plan, develop, and be responsible for data storage to ensure the integrity of information.
- Apply knowledge of security issues to the implementation of information technology solutions.
- Appraise existing security solutions with a view to on-going maintenance, development, and improvement of organizational security.
- Provide efficient and effective technical support to clients in a manner that promotes safe computing practices and reduces the risk of the issue recurring.
- Articulate, defend, and conform to workplace expectations found in information technology (IT) environments.
- Contribute to the successful completion of the project applying the project management principles in use.