Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Analyze system requirements for business computer applications.
- Work and communicate as a member of a team in the design, development and implementation of computerized business applications.
- Perform logical database design.
- Implement a simple database application using popular relational database application software.
- Program computer applications using an object-oriented programming language.
- Develop specific business applications using a multi-tier architecture.
- Apply knowledge of the underlying architecture of a typical enterprise-level database environment.
- Perform basic database administration functions, including backup and recovery, and network administration.
- Implement database applications using an enterprise-level relational database product.
- Apply knowledge of data warehousing, data marts, and data mining.
- Employ Worldwide Web technologies in database application implementation and support.
- Work effectively in both UNIX and Windows NT operating system environments.