Database Application Developer
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Analyze system requirements for business computer applications.
- Work and communicate as a member of a team in the design, development and implementation of computerized business applications.
- Perform logical database design.
- Implement a simple database application using popular relational database application software.
- Program computer applications using an object-oriented programming language.
- Develop specific business applications using a multi-tier architecture.
- Apply knowledge of the underlying architecture of a typical enterprise-level database environment.
- Perform basic database administration functions, including backup and recovery, and network administration.
- Implement database applications using an enterprise-level relational database product.
- Apply knowledge of data warehousing, data marts, and data mining.
- Employ Worldwide Web technologies in database application implementation and support.
- Work effectively in both UNIX and Windows NT operating system environments.