Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Analyze, interpret, modify, design and produce electrical and electronics drawings, layouts and reports.
- Analyze and solve technical problems related to electronics engineering by applying principles of advanced mathematics and science.
- Apply appropriate troubleshooting techniques to electronic circuits or systems and generate and perform test procedures.
- Design, build, test and troubleshoot electronic circuits, equipment, systems and subsystems in accordance with job requirements, functional specifications and relevant standards.
- Modify, maintain, repair and recommend electronic equipment and systems in accordance with relevant operational guidelines.
- Determine, select, recommend and justify the purchase of electronic equipment, components and systems in accordance with code, standards and job requirements and functional specifications.
- Design, modify, analyze and troubleshoot logic and digital circuits, and embedded microprocessor-based and microcontroller-based systems, including assembly and high-level language programs.
- Design, analyze and troubleshoot circuits consisting of passive components by applying appropriate measurement techniques.
- Design, analyze and troubleshoot circuits consisting of low power, high power, active and electromechanical components, and analog integrated circuits.
- Design, analyze and troubleshoot control systems.
- Design, analyze, troubleshoot and repair analog and digital communication systems.
- Apply relevant shop practices in compliance with safety policies and current regulations for electronics engineering workplaces.
- Collaborate in selecting, co-ordinating and conducting quality control and quality assurance programs and procedures.
- Complete work in compliance with relevant legislation, established standards, policies, procedures and regulations, and ethical principles.
- Contribute to the planning, implementation, management and evaluation of team projects by applying project management principles.