Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Collect representative environmental samples, perform routine and specialized tests and interpret results, using current and relevant tools.
- Identify, select and use scientific concepts and models in the prevention, control and elimination of environmental hazards and in the remediation of contaminated sites.
- Analyze water/soil/air samples in a manner that contributes to the resolution of environmental problems through the selection and application of relevant scientific and engineering principles.
- Participate in the planning, design, implementation and maintenance of environmental projects, following standard procedures.
- Promote and maintain sustainable practices by applying the elements of ecosystem-based management.
- Carry out work responsibilities adhering to standards of professional conduct and principles of professional ethics.
- Suggest strategies aimed at ensuring all tasks are completed in adherence to occupational health and safety standards and applicable legislative requirements.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of environmental management systems.
- Provide ongoing support for project management.
- Communicate technical information accurately and effectively in oral, written, visual and electronic forms.
- Develop and present strategies for ongoing personal and professional development to enhance performance as an environmental technologist.