Environmental Technician - Sampling and Monitoring
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Collect representative environmental samples and perform routine tests, using current and relevant tools.
- Use scientific concepts and models when contributing to the prevention, control and elimination of environmental hazards and remediation of contaminated sites.
- Assist with analysis of water/soil/air samples and with the resolution of environmental problems through the application of scientific and engineering principles.
- Follow standard procedures for conducting environmental sampling projects including the use of appropriate equipment and materials.
- Promote and maintain sustainable practices by applying the elements of ecosystem-based management.
- Carry out work responsibilities adhering to standards of professional conduct and principles of professional ethics.
- Complete assigned tasks in adherence to occupational health and safety standards and applicable legislative requirements.
- Follow established protocols in support of environmental management systems.
- Provide ongoing support for project management.
- Communicate technical information accurately and effectively in oral, written, visual and electronic forms.
- Develop and present strategies for ongoing personal and professional development to enhance performance as an environmental technician.