Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Perform a variety of specialized body and skin care treatments following correct procedures and precautions and supporting client needs (including and not limited to facials, manicures, pedicures, hair removal, and make up applications).
- Use a range of specialized equipment and products, in compliance with established national, provincial, industry, and other related standards, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Apply relevant knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and histology to the provision of specialized esthetic treatments and services.
- Adhere to health, safety, sanitation, and infection and prevention control guidelines, according to current legislation and national, provincial, municipal, and industry standards and regulations.
- Identify business skills and activities required for the successful establishment and operation of a small esthetic business in a salon or spa environment.
- Select and recommend the use of esthetic products and product ingredients to clients, taking into account health status and identified needs.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships in adherence to standards and ethics associated with the profession.
- Develop customer service strategies that meet and adapt to individual needs and expectations in accordance with professional standards and ethics.
- Determine professional development strategies that lead to the enhancement of work performance and career opportunities and keep pace with industry change.