Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Refine apparel design and production decisions based on consumer preferences and time to market.
- Create original apparel concepts and collections using design, drafting and garment construction techniques.
- Apply computer technology to communicate design specifications across the apparel design and manufacturing processes.
- Justify decisions for sourcing materials and manufacturing processes to meet technical specifications and end-product pricing.
- Design products within the context of the apparel manufacturing process to optimize production capabilities.
- Contextualize new product designs by responding to global fashion trends from the historical, current, and future perspective to produce salable designs for consumers.
- Advocate for positive change by addressing systemic challenges as a member of the global fashion industry.
- Present original ideas and design process in a professional portfolio.
- Articulate a reflective design process, visually, verbally and in writing, which incorporates research and analysis to solve design problems.