Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Examine historical and current fashion and design influences and their relationship to designers, producers and retailers to make business, forecasting, and design decisions.
- Analyze ethical, sustainable and innovative leadership practices in the domestic and global fashion industry.
- Integrate principles of product development, buying and supply chain management to make strategic decisions in the manufacturing, wholesale and retail sectors of the fashion industry.
- Apply professional sales and customer service techniques to sell and/or promote products through all channels of distribution.
- Develop a fashion concept considering textile, design, apparel characteristics and the production process to influence consumer end-use.
- Develop business management strategies for fashion products and services through analysis of fashion and market trends.
- Create marketing strategies to promote fashion products and services to target consumers.
- Produce visual communication collateral using design principles, strategies and technologies to support product and professional branding in the fashion industry.
- Enhance fashion business decisions by using retail mathematics and financial management skills across distribution channels.
- Analyze data and budgets to support business strategies across distribution channels.
- Recognize organizational and interpersonal dynamics to develop leadership skills as a member of the fashion industry.
- Engage emerging technologies to implement business management strategies and tactics in order to respond to the global marketplace.