Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Examine historical and current fashion and design influences and their relationship to designers, producers and retailers to make business, forecasting, and design decisions.
- Analyze ethical, sustainable and innovative leadership practices in the domestic and global fashion industry.
- Integrate principles of product development, buying and supply chain management to make strategic decisions in the manufacturing, wholesale and retail sectors of the fashion industry.
- Apply professional sales and customer service techniques to sell and/or promote products through all channels of distribution.
- Develop a fashion concept considering textile, design, apparel characteristics and the production process to influence consumer end-use.
- Develop business management strategies for fashion products and services through analysis of fashion and market trends.
- Create marketing strategies to promote fashion products and services to target consumers.
- Produce visual communication collateral using design principles, strategies and technologies to support product and professional branding in the fashion industry.
- Enhance fashion business decisions by using retail mathematics and financial management skills across distribution channels.
- Analyze data and budgets to support business strategies across distribution channels.
- Recognize organizational and interpersonal dynamics to develop leadership skills as a member of the fashion industry.
- Engage emerging technologies to implement business management strategies and tactics in order to respond to the global marketplace.