Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Gather and analyze evidence including documents, oral statements, computer records etc.
- Demonstrate effective interview techniques
- Use principles of accounting and understand related accounting systems such as general ledgers, expense accounts etc. to examine records and detect fraudulent activity
- Analyze financial statements and related disclosures (footnotes to statements)
- Understand internal controls
- Effectively present findings in both a written form and orally, in meetings and in a court setting
- Use and interpret legal concepts
- Identify indicators of fraud and recognize the factors that increase the likelihood for fraud/criminal activity
- Be aware of emerging schemes and trends in the field of forensic accounting