Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Demonstrate the firefighter’s key roles in the following areas: fire suppression, community education and fire prevention, emergency care provided by firefighters, environmental protection and special rescue.
- Identify and use personal and professional development activities conducive to growth and lifelong learning.
- Meet the ethical, legal and safety requirements expected of firefighting professionals.
- Apply safe practices and techniques in the use of fire department tools and equipment.
- Communicate effectively via verbal, non-verbal, written and electronic means, using appropriate, recognized fire department terminology.
- Interact with others in various emergency and non-emergency situations with confidence, professionalism and sensitivity to others and to the circumstances.
- Communicate effectively, in a respectful manner, with various communities and their members.
- Use effective, appropriate problem-solving and decision-making skills in emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Work efficiently with the other members of the fire department team, providers of pre-hospital emergency care and other groups involved in providing emergency care to ensure a full range of services in emergency and non-emergency situations.