Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Demonstrate the firefighter’s key roles in the following areas: fire suppression, community education and fire prevention, emergency care provided by firefighters, environmental protection and special rescue.
- Identify and use personal and professional development activities conducive to growth and lifelong learning.
- Meet the ethical, legal and safety requirements expected of firefighting professionals.
- Apply safe practices and techniques in the use of fire department tools and equipment.
- Communicate effectively via verbal, non-verbal, written and electronic means, using appropriate, recognized fire department terminology.
- Interact with others in various emergency and non-emergency situations with confidence, professionalism and sensitivity to others and to the circumstances.
- Communicate effectively, in a respectful manner, with various communities and their members.
- Use effective, appropriate problem-solving and decision-making skills in emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Work efficiently with the other members of the fire department team, providers of pre-hospital emergency care and other groups involved in providing emergency care to ensure a full range of services in emergency and non-emergency situations.