Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Integrate ethical decision-making processes into all aspects of the financial planning profession.
- Apply recognized financial planning principles and industry standards to the systematic analysis of financial position and requirements.
- Prepare accurate and relevant financial plans manually and electronically.
- Integrate economic and personal information necessary for effective financial planning decisions.
- Compare, contrast, and select, from appropriate financial products and services, investment planning and counseling services for the public according to industry standards, including taxation counseling.
- Effectively market financial products through the development of an inventory of prospective clients, following up with individual sales strategies in pursuit of new and renewal business.
- Recognise potential tax and legal implications within a financial planning situation.
- Identify and apply written and verbal client-focused communication styles and strategies.
- Research market opportunities and implement a business plan in support of client needs, as well as student career choices.
- Qualify to challenge the Certified Financial Planner (CFP™) and to be fully licensed with the IDA/MFDA.
- Provide recommendations and options to the public for managing risk involving life and health insurance products.