Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Integrate ethical decision-making processes into all aspects of the financial planning profession.
- Apply recognized financial planning principles and industry standards to the systematic analysis of financial position and requirements.
- Prepare accurate and relevant financial plans manually and electronically.
- Integrate economic and personal information necessary for effective financial planning decisions.
- Compare, contrast, and select, from appropriate financial products and services, investment planning and counseling services for the public according to industry standards, including taxation counseling.
- Effectively market financial products through the development of an inventory of prospective clients, following up with individual sales strategies in pursuit of new and renewal business.
- Recognise potential tax and legal implications within a financial planning situation.
- Identify and apply written and verbal client-focused communication styles and strategies.
- Research market opportunities and implement a business plan in support of client needs, as well as student career choices.
- Qualify to challenge the Certified Financial Planner (CFP™) and to be fully licensed with the IDA/MFDA.
- Provide recommendations and options to the public for managing risk involving life and health insurance products.