Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Survey industrial and commercial and institutional properties.
- Relate observations of building construction, occupancies, and processes to codes and standards requirements.
- Classify and evaluate hazards.
- Select and design fire detection and fire suppression equipment layouts.
- Approve plans.
- Supervise installations.
- Conduct tests of water supplies, fire detection, and fire suppression systems.
- Commission fire safety equipment and systems.
- Prepare comprehensive reports suitable for insurance risk analysis and hazard evaluation by those concerned with property protection and life safety.
- Refer to and apply occupational health and safety regulations.