Global Hospitality Business Development
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Support business development by taking into account economic, political, social, global, and intercultural factors that influence the development of services, marketing strategies, customer retention, and sales programs.
- Use qualitative and quantitative metrics to recommend services marketing and sales strategies in a global context.
- Inform financial decision making that complies with jurisdictional practices.
- Recommend strategies to maintain efficient, safe, secure, accessible and healthy hospitality and tourism operations that reduce risk and comply with jurisdictional legislation and legal obligation.
- Support business development through the implementation of corporate sustainability, corporate social responsibility, and ethics principles.
- Evaluate existing business and marketing programs to generate recommendations for local and global initiatives that support the strategic alignment of the organization’s business plan.
- Use project management principles, tools, and techniques to define timelines and project deliverables for all members of cross-functional, intercultural, and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Support the development of a service delivery model and implementation plan to account for practices within global settings.
- Optimize negotiation frameworks to win support within various organizations across jurisdictions and cultural settings.
- Prepare verbal, written and digital materials for the procurement of local and global services and commodities.