Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Conceptualize and develop design solutions using principles of design to create visual communications that meet the needs of the project.
- Employ the design process to create design solutions that meet the project objectives and the needs of the client and/or user.
- Plan, create and use photography, illustration and typography in design layouts to meet the requirements of the creative brief.
- Design, develop and create a variety of media products using relevant, current and/or emerging technologies.
- Communicate ideas, design concepts and opinions clearly and persuasively to others.
- Use recognized industry practices throughout the design process and related business tasks.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate graphic design projects using project management skills to deliver quality work to clients according to schedule and within budget.
- Complete all work in a professional and ethical manner, and in accordance with all applicable legislation and regulations.
- Keep current with visual media design trends, technologies and industry practices using strategies that enhance work performance and guide professional development.