Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and evaluation of employee recruitment, selection, and retention plans and processes.
- Administer and contribute to the design and evaluation of the performance management program.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate employee orientation, training, and development programs.
- Facilitate and support effective employee and labour relations in both nonunion and union environments.
- Research and support the development and communication of the organization’s total compensation plan.
- Collaborate with others, in the development, implementation, and evaluation of organizational health and safety policies and practices.
- Research and analyze information needs and apply current and emerging information technologies to support the human resources function.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate organizational development strategies aimed at promoting organizational effectiveness.
- Present and evaluate communication messages and processes related to the human resources function of the organization.
- Manage own professional development and provide leadership to others in the achievement of ongoing competence in human resources professional practice.
- Facilitate and communicate the human resources component of the organization’s business plan.
- Conduct research, produce reports, and recommend changes in human resources practices.