Human Resources Management
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and evaluation of employee recruitment, selection, and retention plans and processes.
- Administer and contribute to the design and evaluation of the performance management program.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate employee orientation, training, and development programs.
- Facilitate and support effective employee and labour relations in both nonunion and union environments.
- Research and support the development and communication of the organization’s total compensation plan.
- Collaborate with others, in the development, implementation, and evaluation of organizational health and safety policies and practices.
- Research and analyze information needs and apply current and emerging information technologies to support the human resources function.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate organizational development strategies aimed at promoting organizational effectiveness.
- Present and evaluate communication messages and processes related to the human resources function of the organization.
- Manage own professional development and provide leadership to others in the achievement of ongoing competence in human resources professional practice.
- Facilitate and communicate the human resources component of the organization’s business plan.
- Conduct research, produce reports, and recommend changes in human resources practices.