Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Support an industry and workplace service culture by adopting a positive attitude and professional decorum, accommodating diverse and special needs, and contributing as a team member.
- Deliver customer service and solutions that anticipate, meet and/or exceed individual expectations, as well as organizational expectations, standards and objectives.
- Use marketing concepts, market research, social networks, sales and revenue management strategies, relationship management skills and product knowledge to promote and sell hospitality services, products and guest experiences.
- Apply business and revenue models as well as basic accounting, budgeting, financial and administration skills to support the effective management and operation of a variety of organizations delivering hospitality services and products.
- Comply with relevant organization and workplace systems, processes, policies, standards, legal obligations and regulations, and apply risk management principles, to support and maintain efficient, safe, secure, accessible and healthy hospitality operations.
- Use appropriate technologies to enhance the quality and delivery of hospitality services, products and guest experiences and to measure the effectiveness of hospitality operations.
- Keep current with hospitality trends and issues, and interdependent relationships in the broader tourism industry sectors to improve work performance and guide career development.
- Use leadership, teamwork, conflict and relationship management skills and tools, as well as knowledge of organizational behaviour, labour relations, employment standards and human rights to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Respond to issues and dilemmas arising in the delivery of hospitality services, products and guest experiences by using and promoting ethical behaviour and best practices of corporate social responsibility and environmental sustainability.