Independent Digital Photography
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Capture professional quality images using the appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Utilize design elements and lighting techniques to capture images that communicate effectively.
- Create and edit well-designed and technically sound digital images using industry standards software.
- Finish and distribute images in a format that meets the needs of the client.
- Critically evaluate the effectiveness of images in written and verbal format.
- Develop a portfolio that demonstrates creative and professional skills and abilities in digital image capture and editing.
- Communicate effectively with clients and suppliers to provide high quality services.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and adhere to ethical and industry standards.
- Develop a business plan for the establishment and operation of a photographic services company.
- Produce a marketing plan for a new and an established photographic services company.
- Produce professional quality business cards, flyers and other promotional material for a photographic services company.
- Perform colour calibration as it applies to Digital Imaging and Illustration.
- Create a document outlining basic contract law and rights as they pertain to selling images for publication.
- Produce an outline for digital workflow including cataloguing, archival and backup strategies for images and prints.