Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Capture professional quality images using the appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Utilize design elements and lighting techniques to capture images that communicate effectively.
- Create and edit well-designed and technically sound digital images using industry standards software.
- Finish and distribute images in a format that meets the needs of the client.
- Critically evaluate the effectiveness of images in written and verbal format.
- Develop a portfolio that demonstrates creative and professional skills and abilities in digital image capture and editing.
- Communicate effectively with clients and suppliers to provide high quality services.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and adhere to ethical and industry standards.
- Develop a business plan for the establishment and operation of a photographic services company.
- Produce a marketing plan for a new and an established photographic services company.
- Produce professional quality business cards, flyers and other promotional material for a photographic services company.
- Perform colour calibration as it applies to Digital Imaging and Illustration.
- Create a document outlining basic contract law and rights as they pertain to selling images for publication.
- Produce an outline for digital workflow including cataloguing, archival and backup strategies for images and prints.