Program Learning Outcomes
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Analyze, propose, design, develop, and maintain secure and distributed information and network infrastructures using current methodologies.
- Install, configure, and administer operating systems in the development and deployment of interoperable secure networks at a professional level.
- Design, develop, and implement practices for the acquisition, transmission, storage, and retrieval of information using current industry standards and taking into account privacy, security and ethical issues.
- Apply data communications, networking, and security practices and principles to the development of multi-site, multi-user systems, following relevant industry standards.
- Incorporate knowledge of organizational structures, management functions, and public and private sector objectives in the design of secure distributed networks.
- Initiate and conduct security and privacy audits to ensure compliance with legal and ethical requirements and accepted business practices.
- Analyze vulnerabilities and assess, measure, and mitigate risks to business planning and continuity.
- Apply project management techniques and strategies throughout the project life cycle to achieve established scope, quality, time, and cost objectives of the stakeholder.
- Use effective written, oral, and visual communication skills to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences, at levels appropriate to the situation and environment.
- Interact effectively and work cooperatively with others in groups or teams in ways that contribute to effective working relationships and the achievement of goals.
- Develop problem-solving strategies and research practices to continue the lifelong learning process of acquiring new skills and knowledge for personal and professional development.
- Evaluate and judge situations in practice, using facts, professional ethics, and applicable laws within the Canadian, United States and international milieu.
- Develop and incorporate critical thinking skills in the application of viable and successful business networking solutions.
- Develop the professional, personal, and interpersonal skills to live and work productively in a diverse and global community; and
- Evaluate the impact of industry trends and emerging technologies on existing business and networking infrastructures.